Acres Edge is your local landscape supply for: Polymeric Sand for Paver Joints. Our experienced staff is available to assist you in product selection.
Click on thumbnail for larger view
Call Us or Stop By for Pricing
Pavermate Z3™ Polymeric Sand
Colors: Tan, Granite, Ivory & Black
Packaging: 50 lbs. per bag
- Narrow Joints: Typical coverage is 55 - 75 sq. ft. (5.11 - 6.97 sq. m.) per bag.
- Narrow Joints: Wide Joints: Typical coverage is 20 - 30 sq. ft. (1.86 - 2.79 sq. m.) per bag.
Pavermate Z3™, was engineered based on feedback from professionals in the industry, which lead to the development of the strongest joints, fast activation, and cleanest sand on the market. Pavermate Z3 provides faster, stronger and longer lasting results and can be used for a wide variety of applications. It’s a one-sand solution for paver joints. When properly activated according to instructions, Pavermate Z3 fully activates throughout the whole joint becoming rain safe in 10 minutes. It holds its form after 10 minutes, but should be allowed to cure for the full dry time to achieve the best long-term results.
- Joints up to 2"
- Concrete Paver Joints
- Walkways, Driveways & Patios
- False Joints
- Concrete Overlays & Non-Overlay Project
- Residential or Commercial Use
Zero Haze: Clear polymer technology, along with the removal of Portland, Fly Ash & Crushed Limestone (which are ingredients that cause hazing) set you up for a haze-free project.
Zero Dust: Specially mixed to bind polymers & sand, reducing fines & creating a dust-free product.
Zero Problems: Rain safe in just 10 minutes. Fastest set up time in the market helps with unforeseen weather.
- Minimum joint width: 1/16" (.16 mm)
- Maximum joint width: 2" (5.08 cm)
» For concrete overlays, a maximum of 1" (2.54 cm) wide joints at intersecting points is recommended.
- Minimum joint depth: 1½" (3.81 cm)
- Test in a small discrete area.
- Temperatures must remain above 32°F (0°C) throughout installation and curing.
- Not recommended for flagstone patios, porcelain tile or wet/heavily shaded areas. Do not use on pool copings.
- Clay pavers must be completely dry prior to sand install. Moisture in the clay pavers can activate the sand on the surface and leave a residue.
- Proper compaction is very important for obtaining optimal joint strength.
- Continuous dampness can prevent polymeric sand from curing properly. Irrigation systems should be turned off until polymeric sand has fully cured.
- For best results, wait 28 days after installation before cleaning and sealing.
A. Install pavers using manufacturer’s guidelines for bedding, leveling and installation. Fully clean off debris from the project area.
- Installations should have a proper drainage layer of sand with a depth of 1" (2.54 cm). In addition, weep holes need to be added to concrete overlays.
- If existing project, properly clean out joints before applying polymeric sand and skip to step C.
B. Compact pavers thoroughly using a rubber-plated compactor.
- If compactor is not rubber-plated, cover pavers with a woven fabric while compacting to help protect paver surface from damage.
- Pavers must be completely dry before installing polymeric sand. Wait 24 hours after rain.
C. Gently tumble bag, then cut the bottom and apply Pavermate Z3™ evenly over the surface.
D. Spread sand into joints, completely filling to the full depth of the pavers.
- Avoid pushing sand over long distances.
- Remove excess sand from surface of pavers before compacting.
E. Compact filled joints using a rubber-plated compactor.
- Repeat compacting and filling (steps C - E) if necessary
F. Remove excess sand from paver surface using a soft bristle broom and set the joint height with a leaf blower on idle.
- Once complete, joint height should be filled to 1/8" (.32 cm) below the top of the paver.
G. Working in sections up to 200 sq. ft. (18.58 sq. m.), water the section for a total of 2 minutes. Do not allow the section to dry during the 2 minute watering:
- MIST: Use hose with a sprayer attachment set to “mist” or similar light setting. Mist area until the surface is wet.
- SHOWER: Next, set hose to “light shower” to allow more water over the area. Repeat shower two times over the section.
H. Use a screwdriver to test for proper moisture depth of at least 1" (2.54 cm). If depth is not achieved, immediately wet the area with a shower setting.
I. Once moisture depth is achieved, blow off excess water using a leaf blower.
J. Rain safe 10 minutes after joint activation.
- A flexible joint is a sign that reaction has occurred but is not completely cured.